On September, 23-24 2004 the IIIth International fair- exhibition "Toureurocenter-Transcarpathia 2004" took place in the city of Uzhgorod.
With the purpose of preparation and carrying out of exhibition the directive № 5 dated on July, 7 2004 "About carrying out of ІІІth International fair-exhibition" was accepted by a head of Regional State Administration together with a head of Regional Council, and also general assignments № 06-5/2247 and 02-6/239 dated on August, 9 2004 accepted by a head of RSA and head of Regional Council.
Participants of exhibition were touroperators from Ukraine and abroad. With the tourproduct of leading Transcarpathian firms there was represented tourproducts of tourist agencies from Kiev, Czech, Slovakia and Hungary. The infrastructure accompanying tourism was represented by commercial structures of Dnepropetrovsk, Lviv, Chernovtsy.
The National Tourist Organization of Ukraine was represented by individual stand.
Visitors of fair-exhibition were touroperators from different regions of Ukraine: Kiev, Dnepropetrovsk, Donetsk, Kharkov, Lviv, Cherkasy, Chernigov, Ivano-Frankovsk, Herson, Ternopil, Odessa, Lugansk and other. 45 visitors of exhibition from Ukraine and 7 representatives of foreign commercial structures were officially registered.
To welcome participants and visitors came guests of honour:
- Tsibuh V.I. - a head of the State Tourist Administration of Ukraine;
- Levkovskij V.D. - an assistant to the general director of the National Tourist Organization;
- Pomoz A.V. - an assistant to the head of Department of Secretary of the Cabinet of Ukraine and chief of Department of Exhibition Activity, Advertising and Tourism;
- Chernetskij J.B. - a vice-president of Cherkassy Regional State Administration;
- Khimar Fiolmi - an attache of Embassy of the Swiss Confederation in Ukraine and international adviser of FOR-ZA, the Swiss-Ukrainian project on development of forestry in Transcarpathia;
- Otto Sabot - a general consul of the Hungarian Republic in Ukraine in the city of Uzhgorod;
- Michal Biganych - a general consul of the Slovak Republic in Ukraine in the city of Uzhgorod;
- Representatives of Chernigov, Ternopol and Rovno Regional State Administrations.
IN TOTAL the fair-exhibition has been visited by almost 7 thousand visitors and participants.
The purposes of exhibition - to represent in full the tourist potential of the region, promote the opportunities for internal tourism, and also sale the offers (available tourproduct) of participants of exhibition - have been achieved. Majority of participants of the fair-exhibition concluded contracts on cooperation with subjects of business from other regions. As a result agencies will not have problems with room rending during the winter period, and also there are all preconditions to hope that the inter-season period will be even more reduced.
During preparation to the event the newspaper "Toureurocenter" and exhibition catalogue have been issued where the information about all participants of exhibition, other enterprises and organizations engaged in areas accompanying tourism was placed.
Besides, especially for the exhibition the Department of Tourism and Health Resorts has prepared for publishing a summary calendar of cultural - art and sports - tourist events "What the Silver Land interesting for?" (added).
In the present year:
- wider variety of advertising products and offers of travel agencies of Transcarpathia was represented;
- expositions with tourist equipment and sportswear a wide assortment of which was shown by producers and tourist agencies engaged in the organization of productive leisure were extremely interesting to visitors;
- District State Administrations and State Executive Committees prepared investment propositions in the sphere of tourism;
- On exhibition stands the Department of Ecology and Natural Resources in the Transcarpathian region and Department of Forestry widely represented possibilities of hunting areas and Natural Reserve territories for development of hunting, eco- and other kinds of tourism that received favorable mentions from visitors;
- wide spectrum of advertising-informational production for tourists and visitors of the region which has appeared recently, was issued by Transcarpathian publishing agencies which had an opportunity to show it ("Zakarpattya", "Shark", "Two colors").
Winners of the fair-exhibition:
- Grand prix of 1th degree: Beregivska Regional State Administration and Beregivska Regional Council;
- Grand prix of IIth degree: Beregovo City Council;
- Grand prix of IIIth degree: Open company " International Intellectual, Economical and Creatively-Sports Center " VIZHU - 3000 ".
In nomination "The Best Tourist-Recreation Complex " diplomas and cups of fair-exhibition were awarded to:
- Recreational Complex "Carpatia" (the Khust district);
- Joint-Stock Company " Zakarpatturist";
- Sports complex "Vodograj" (the Mukachevo district).
In nomination "The Best Hotel Complex " diplomas and cups of fair-exhibition were given to:
- Hotel "Kamelot " ();
- Hotel " Star" (Mukachevo);
- Hotel complex "Cruise" (the Uzhgorod district).
In nomination " The Best Sanatorium" diplomas and cups of fair-exhibition were given to:
- Sanatorium " Kvitka Polonyny" (the Svalyava district);
- Sanatorium " Crystaleve Dzherelo";
- Ukrainian Allergological hospital (the Tyachiv district).
In nomination "The Best Investor of the Region " certificates of honor and medals were given to:
- The president of company " Tavria-Service " Uvarov O.A. (Kiev);
- Open Company " Suzirrya" (the Svalyva district);
- Open Company " Zolmat" (Kiev).
Within the framework of fair-exhibition there were:
- Presentation of narrow-gauge railways possibilities for development of tourism. The organizer - Irshavska Regional State Administration together with public organization " Borzhavska Initiative";
- International business meeting was participated by 18 representatives of commercial structures from Slovakia, Hungary, Poland;
- Lotteries - Draws of free tours over Transcarpathia from Open Company " Blues " (Uzhgorod) and Regional Center of Tourism, Local Lore Study, Excursions and Sports for Students (Uzhgorod).
On Friday a solemn ceremony of rewarding of prize winners and winners of the IIIth International fair- exhibition " Toureurocenter-Transcarpathia 2004 " took place. As a head of Department of Tourism and Health Resorts of Transcarpathian Regional State Administration, Sergey Slobodjanjuk said 'awards are an original stimulus in work which will help representatives of tourist business to work even better for the development of tourist sphere of Transcarpathia".
So, Grand prix of " Toureurocenter 2004 " was given at once to three participants of competition "The Best Exposition " - Open Company " International Intellectual, Economic and Creativity - Sports Center "VIZHU-3000 ", Beregivska City Council (its chairman - Zhupan J.J.) and Beregivska District State Administration (its head - Bigari А.А.) together with and District Council (its head - Erdel K.E.).
Diplomas in nomination "The Best Sanatorium" were awarded to sanatorium " Kvitka Polonyny" (of Ith degree), sanatorium " Crystaleve Dzherelo" (of IIth degree) and Ukrainian Allergological hospital (of IIIth degree).
Nominees of "The Best Hotel Complex" became the hotel-restaurant complex "Kamelot" ( of Ith degree), hotel " Star " (of IIth degree) and restaurant-motel complex "Cruise" (of IIIth degree).
In nomination "The Best Tourist-Recreation Complex " diplomas was given to the recreational complex "Karpatia" (of Ith degree), Joint-Stock Company " Zakarpatturist " (of IIth degree) and sports complex "Vodograj" (of IIIth degree).
Diploma of Tourism and Health Resorts Department of Transcarpathian Regional State Administration " for large input in the development of tourism in Transcarpathia and active participation in the organization and carrying out of the fair-exhibition " Toureurocenter-Transcarpathia 2004" was awarded to Vasilij Rusnak, a general director of Open Company " Association " InterART".
In nomination " The Best Investor of the Region" the certificates of honor and medals were awarded to O.A.Uvarov, a president of the " Tavria-Service" company (Kiev), Open Company " Suzirrya" (the Svalyava district) and Open Company "Zolmat" (Kiev). In general there were awarded by certificates of honor and medals 50 participants of the fair-exhibition, among them - foreigners such as, "Maxima-tour" and "Basiko" (Prague, Czech), "Hungary-tourism".
Within the framework of the fair-exhibition there were presentation of narrow-gauge railway possibilities for development of tourism (the organizer - Irshavska District State Administration together with public organization " Borzhavska Initiative"), international business meeting was visited by 18 representatives of commercial structures from Slovakia, Hungary, Poland and lotteries - draws of free rest tours over Transcarpathia from Open Company " Blues " (Uzhgorod) and the Transcarpathian Regional Center of Tourism, Local Lore Study, Excursions and Sports of Students (Uzhgorod).
In total during two days of its work the fair-exhibition " Toureurocenter-Transcarpathia 2004" was visited by almost 7 thousand visitors and participants.